Getting fit - Never too late to start
Its never too late to start to start implementing your fitness resolutions.
It is never necessary to wait for the new year to make positive resolutions. The only thing important about resolutions is that we keep them.
One of the key resolutions to take is one of fitness. Go ahead, take that leap and make health one of your top priorities.
What you eat today, will affect your health and body in the coming years. Nourish yourself with a healthy diet, make the time to workout regularly, sleep well, meditate and drink plenty of water. This will not only help you live a better quality of life but also a very happy one!
Start your day with a wholesome nourishing breakfast. The breakfast is the most important part of a healthy diet, it is needed to boost the metabolic rate, provide the body with energy to get through the day. Mid meal snacks are important so that there is constant influx of energy and you don’t tend to overeat. Aim to have fresh vegetable juices, (concoctions of beet, carrots, pomegranate, goose berries (amla), lemon juice, ginger, oranges, mint, spinach), fresh fruits like guavas, custard apples, chiku, strawberries, apples, kiwi, oranges, sprouts and salads as mid meal snacks. This will ensure that you get your daily dose of fibre, vitamins and minerals. Make sure you get a balanced meal at lunchtime, which comprises of whole grain rotis, green vegetables, salads, daal and lentils (preferably without jaggery), curd, brown rice or red rice.
Add dates, nuts and seeds, curd, smoothies and fruits for mid meal snacks before dinnertime. Have a bowl of vegetable soup before dinner everyday, this will help in the digestion process. Try to have a light, yet protein rich meal for dinner.
A worthy meal :-
6:30 AM: 1 glass warm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice and cinnamon powder and 1 banana
8:30 AM: Breakfast: choose any 1
1. 3 egg white omelette or bhurji + 1 wheat toast + 1 cup papaya
2. 1 cup moong + 2 diet khakhras or 1 methi thepla
3. 1 cup cereal + 1 cup milk + 1 banana
4. 1 cup mixed sprouts + 1 wheat toast + 1 banana
11:30 AM: 1 cup vegetable juice + 1 cup sprout salad
1:00 PM: 2 plain fulkas + 1 cup green vegetable + 1 cup daal or lentils + ½ cup aamba haldar + 1 cup buttermilk + ½ cup brown rice
4:00 PM: ½ cup curd with mixed nuts: 6 almonds + 3 walnuts + 3 pistas + 2 tsp chia seeds + 2-3 dates
6:00 PM: Fresh fruit: 1 orange/ 1 apple/ 1 kiwi/ 6 strawberries
7:00 PM: 1 cup vegetable soup
7:30 PM Dinner: Choose any 1
1. 2 plain multigrain fulka + 1 cup spinach paneer + 1 cup salad
2. 2-3 moong daal chillas with 3 tbsp green chutney
3. 2 cups boiled undhiyu and green chutney + 1 plain fulka
4. 1 bajri roti (thin) + 1 cup bengan bharta + 1 cup salad + 1 cup urad daal
5. 1 cup mixed veg pulav with soya chunks + 1 cup curd
6. 2 cups sauté vegetables with paneer + 1 cup bean soup
7. 2 methi theplas (no oil) + 1 cup curd